Welcome to the Vibrant Vintage CAL (VVCAL) Information Page! The Crochet Along is long over (2016!), so I have completely reformatted this page so that it is easy to locate all the blog posts for the squares, joining methods, and border. All yarn info and weekly CAL info, and any other variety extras have been removed from this page to make the pattern as clear as possible.
If you want to see all the cool things people have done with this blanket, join the Vibrant Vintage Blanket CAL Facebook group linked below. Loads of support and pretty pics in there! Folks are still finishing their projects too.
Hashtag #VVCAL on social media so I can see your pretty WIP and FO pics.
VVCAL Blanket Info
Vibrant Vintage blanket is based on this piece, from my Patchwork collection. When I was posting progress photos on social media of that blanket, I was asked numberous times if I would post patterns, or even put a CAL together. So I did! In January 2016, I started a CAL wherein I posted squares each week, then finished with joining options and the border. It was so much fun! I’m still so proud of the crafter community and all the finished VVCAL blankets. Previously, this post was used as the CAL weekly schedule keeper, and the main information hub. Now, it is more of a link hub to navigate the many VVCAL blog posts – all 33 squares, joining options, and wide lace border.
- VVCAL Ravelry ebook – Neat photos of all 33 squares, each with a link to its blog post. Favorite the patterns, add them to your queue, see others’ projects, and more!
- Quick-download Vibrant Vintage Blanket PDF (Etsy) – The entire VVCAL 33-squares collection, condensed and updated for clarity, in a tidy PDF, along with my preferred joining method and the updated wide lace VVCAL border. Yes, all of these patterns are available separately for free linked below, but the updated and condensed printable PDF has everything for the Vibrant Vintage Blanket in one place for a small fee of $4. (Includes charts and written instruction.) You may also find this PDF on Craftsy, if you prefer.
- VVCAL Facebook Group – Vibrant Vintage CAL (official)
- My main FB group – CypressTextiles Tree Huggers
- This CAL has been rebooted! (2018) Here is a link to the VVCAL Reboot Main info page. Have fun! Those squares coordinate with these. Go wild!
Try this CAL in a super soft DK weight yarn with a huge color range, such as (affiliate links):
These links lead to the blog post where you can find the original VVCAL free pattern. I have updated these patterns for clarity and condensed them all into a PDF with joining method and wide lace border. Find that printable PDF for a small fee of $4 on Etsy or Craftsy.
- Plain Granny
- Ana Maria
- Raymond + Gabriella
- Beth + Mae
- Johnny + Andrea
- Lupita + Laura
- William + Alma
- Emily + Wanda
- Rose + Sarah
- Teresa + Carolyn
- Amanda + Crystal
Free Options to Join VVCAL Motifs
Links lead to their free pattern blog posts.
Wide Lace Border
Link leads to free pattern blog post.