- Vibrant Vintage main info page (2016)
- Quick-download Vibrant Vintage Blanket PDF (Etsy) – The entire VVCAL 33-squares collection, condensed and updated for clarity, in a tidy 20-page PDF, along with my preferred joining method and the updated wide lace VVCAL border. Yes, all of these patterns are available separately for free linked below, but the updated and condensed printable PDF has everything for the Vibrant Vintage Blanket in one easy-to-print place for a small fee of $4. (Includes charts and written instruction.) You may also find this PDF on Craftsy, if you prefer.
- VVCAL Ravelry ebook – Neat photos of all 33 squares, each with a link to its blog post. Favorite the patterns, add them to your queue, see others’ projects, and more!
- VVCAL Facebook Group – Vibrant Vintage CAL (official)
- My main FB group – CypressTextiles Tree Huggers
- This CAL has been rebooted! (2018) Here is a link to the VVCAL Reboot Main info page. Have fun! Those squares coordinate with these. Go wild!
Try this CAL in a super soft DK weight yarn with a huge color range, such as (affiliate links):
- Beg DC = (SC, Ch-1)
- Popcorn = 7DC in same spot, take loop off hook, insert hook in top of first DC, place loop back on hook and pull through first DC to front of work
Foundation: Ch-3 and join in first Ch to make ring.
Round 1: All in ring, working over center tail so as to pull center circle closed tight when square is complete: SC, (Chain 7, SC) 7 times, (Chain 3, TR) –substitute chain-7 loop made- _8 SC, 8 Chain-7 spaces total_
Round 2: SC in same spot as Round 1 finish, (Chain 2, SC in next chain loop, Chain 5, SC in next chain loop) 3 times, Chain 2, DC in first SC of round. _8 SC, 4 Chain-2 spaces, 4 Chain-5 spaces total_
Round 3: Beg DC in same spot, 5 DC in same chain space, (Chain 2, 11 DC in next chain-5 corner space) 3 times, chain 2, 5 DC in first corner to complete it, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _44 DC, 4 Chain-2 spaces total_
Round 4: In same st as join: (Beg DC, Chain 1, 2 DC), ** Chain 2, Skip 2 st, DC in next st, Chain 3, Make Popcorn around BOTH Chain-2 spaces from Rounds 2 and 3 (this means make all DCs of Popcorn around both Chain spaces, binding them together inside the Popcorn), Chain 3, Skip 2 sts, DC in next st, Chain 2, skip 2 sts, (2 DC, Chain 1, 2 DC) in next st –corner made- , repeat from ** 3 times more, omitting final “corner” on third repeat, DC in first corner to complete it, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _24 DC, 4 Popcorns, 8 Chain-2 spaces, 8 Chain-3 spaces total_
Round 5: In first chain space, (Beg DC, Chain 1, DC), ** DC in next st twice, 2 DC in chain space, DC in next st, 3 DC in chain space, DC in top of Popcorn, 3 DC in chain space, DC in next st, 2 DC in chain space, DC in next st twice, (DC, Chain 1, DC) –corner made-, repeat from ** 3 times more, omitting final “corner” on third repeat, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _76 DC, 4 Chain-1 spaces total_
Round 6: 3SC in first chain space, SC in all stitches and chain spaces around, placing 3SC in 3 more corners, join with a slip stitch in first SC _88 SC total_