Welcome to the thirteenth week of the Vibrant Vintage CAL!
If you’re just joining in, we’ve made 24 squares so far! Go catch up! 😉
Loving the VVCAL and feeling generous? Help me support a dear friend of mine who is battling stage 4 renal cancer, while raising 2 toddlers (one recently adopted, and one surprise successful pregnancy!). Click here to donate – any tiny amount will help, and I genuinely appreciate it! Link leads to http://paypal.me/VVCALdonate
- CAL Main info page – Please read thoroughly for fully-linked weekly schedule, design basics, and color selection
- Ravelry ebook – All the block patterns so far, with printable PDF versions (to save your printer ink, they are almost only text)
- Find the PDF version as a free Ravelry download here. PDF includes: Full pattern, charted instruction, and a condensed, printable PDF version of the pattern NOTE!! My cat chewed through my laptop power cord….. So everything for Sofia is executed using my iPhone this week.. The PDF is not yet available but I will put it up next week when I buy a new cable – yay! 🙂
- Ravelry group – Join if you want to! Anyone can participate in this open CAL just by following along each week – subscribe to this site, or join the Rav group if you like
- *NEW* Facebook Group – Vibrant Vintage CAL (official) – Join if you like!
- Basic USA crochet terms with tutorials from CrochetCabana.com
- Finishing ends on squares (do them as you go!) Tons of info at Crochet Cabana
Each week, I’ll be posting a new “Fancy” granny square pattern. All you need to do this week is make 2 li’l squares!
2 Squares and the color in which I worked them:
- Faye Square – SSDK: Clematis
- Plain Granny: Solid – SSDK: Denim
For more info about the size of your squares, please see the Main Post.
- Beg DC = (SC, Ch-1)
Foundation: Ch-3 and join in first Ch to make ring.
Round 1: All in ring, working over center tail so as to pull center circle closed tight when square is complete: Beg DC, Ch-3, (3DC, Ch-3) 3 times, 2DC, join with a slip stitch in top chain of Beg DC _12 DC, 4 Ch-3 total_
Round 2: Slip stitch in first chain of ch-3 space. In chain space: (Beg DC, Ch-3, 3DC), (Chain 1, (3DC, Ch-3, 3DC) in next chain space -corner made) 3 times, chain 1, 2DC in first chain space to complete corner, join with a slip stitch in top chain of Beg DC _24 DC, 4 Ch-1 spaces, 4 ch-3 spaces total_
Round 3: Slip stitch in first chain of ch-3 space. In chain space: (Beg DC, Ch-3, 3DC), (chain 1, 3DC in next chain space, chain 1, make corner) 3 times, chain 1, 3DC in next chain space, chain 1, 2DC in chain space to complete corner, join with a slip stitch to top chain of Beg DC. _36 DC, 8 Ch-1 spaces, 4 Ch-3 spaces total_
Round 4: Slip stitch in first chain of chain-3 space. In chain space: (SC, Chain 5, SC), [(Chain 5, SC in next chain space) 2 times, chain 5, (SC, Chain 5, SC) in corner chain space – corner made] 4 times, omitting final corner on fourth repeat, join with a slip stitch to first SC. _16 SC, 16 Ch-5 spaces total_
Round 5: Slip stitch in first 3 chains of chain-5 space. In chain space: (SC, Chain 4, SC), [(Chain 4, SC in next chain space) 3 times, chain 4, (SC, Chain 4, SC) in corner chain space – corner made] 4 times, omitting final corner on fourth repeat, join with a slip stitch to first SC. _20 SC, 20 Ch-4 total_
Round 6: **5SC in first corner chain space, 4 SC in each of next 2 chain spaces, SC in next SC, 4 SC in each of next 2 chain spaces, Repeat from ** 3 more times, join with a slip stitch in first SC, cut yarn and finish off ends _88 SC total_