- Vibrant Vintage main info page (2016)
- Quick-download Vibrant Vintage Blanket PDF (Etsy) – The entire VVCAL 33-squares collection, condensed and updated for clarity, in a tidy 20-page PDF, along with my preferred joining method and the updated wide lace VVCAL border. Yes, all of these patterns are available separately for free linked below, but the updated and condensed printable PDF has everything for the Vibrant Vintage Blanket in one easy-to-print place for a small fee of $4. (Includes charts and written instruction.) You may also find this PDF on Craftsy, if you prefer.
- VVCAL Ravelry ebook – Neat photos of all 33 squares, each with a link to its blog post. Favorite the patterns, add them to your queue, see others’ projects, and more!
- VVCAL Facebook Group – Vibrant Vintage CAL (official)
- My main FB group – CypressTextiles Tree Huggers
- This CAL has been rebooted! (2018) Here is a link to the VVCAL Reboot Main info page. Have fun! Those squares coordinate with these. Go wild!
Try this CAL in a super soft DK weight yarn with a huge color range, such as (affiliate links):
- Beg DC = (SC, Ch-1)
- Popcorn Petal = DC in all 7 DCs, make Popcorn Petal: insert hook into top of first of 7 DCs, put working loop back on hook, pull working loop through to close Popcorn Petal
Foundation: Ch-4 and join in first Ch to make ring.
Work 5 Rounds as follows…
Round 1: All in ring, working over center tail so as to pull center circle closed tight when square is complete: Make Beg DC, (Chain 5, 5DC) 3 times, Chain 5, 4DC, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _20 DC, 4 Chain-5 spaces total_
Round 2: Slip Stitch in 2 chains, All in same chain space: (Beg DC, Chain 3, 3DC), ** Chain 1, across next 5 DC: (DC, 2DC, DC, 2DC, DC), Chain 1, (3DC, Chain 3, 3DC) in corner chain space -corner made- , repeat from ** 3 times more, omitting “corner” on third repeat, 2DC in first corner chain space to complete it, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _52 DC, 4 Chain-3 spaces, 8 Chain-1 spaces total_
Round 3: In first chain space: (Beg DC, Chain 3, 2DC), ** Chain 1, skip next stitch, DC in next stitch, Chain 3, skip next DC, Make Popcorn Petal, Chain 3, skip next DC, DC in next DC, Chain 1, (2DC, Chain 3, 2DC) in corner chain space -corner made- , repeat from ** 3 times more, omitting “corner” on third repeat, DC in first corner to complete it, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _4 Popcorn Petals, 12 Chain-3 spaces, 8 Chain-1 spaces, 24DC total_
Round 4: All in first Chain space: (Beg DC, Chain 2, 2DC), DC in next 2 DC, DC in chain space and in next DC, 3DC in chain-3 space, DC in top of Popcorn Petal, 3DC in chain-3 space, DC in next 4 stitches as before, (2DC, Chain 2, 2DC) in next corner space -corner made- , repeat from ** 3 times more, omitting final corner on third repeat, DC in first corner to complete it, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _76 DC, 4 Chain-2 spaces total_