- Vibrant Vintage main info page (2016)
- Quick-download Vibrant Vintage Blanket PDF (Etsy) – The entire VVCAL 33-squares collection, condensed and updated for clarity, in a tidy 20-page PDF, along with my preferred joining method and the updated wide lace VVCAL border. Yes, all of these patterns are available separately for free linked below, but the updated and condensed printable PDF has everything for the Vibrant Vintage Blanket in one easy-to-print place for a small fee of $4. (Includes charts and written instruction.) You may also find this PDF on Craftsy, if you prefer.
- VVCAL Ravelry ebook – Neat photos of all 33 squares, each with a link to its blog post. Favorite the patterns, add them to your queue, see others’ projects, and more!
- VVCAL Facebook Group – Vibrant Vintage CAL (official)
- My main FB group – CypressTextiles Tree Huggers
- This CAL has been rebooted! (2018) Here is a link to the VVCAL Reboot Main info page. Have fun! Those squares coordinate with these. Go wild!
Try this CAL in a super soft DK weight yarn with a huge color range, such as (affiliate links):
- Beg DC = (SC, Ch-1)
- Beg TR = (SC, Ch-2)
Foundation: Ch-3 and join in first Ch to make ring. You may also make a magic circle if you prefer that method. Also feel free to chain more stitches if you are used to chaining 4 or 5. I like to chain 3 for my ring, because I like the center hole to disappear when I weave ends.
Work 6 Rounds as follows…
Round 1: All in ring, working over center tail so as to pull center circle closed tight when square is complete: Make Beg TR, (3DC, TR) 3 times, 3DC, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg TR _12 DC, 4 TR total_
Round 2: (Beg TR, 2DC) in same stitch as join, **DC in next 3 stitches, (2DC, TR, 2DC) in next TR -corner made- repeat from ** 2 times more, DC in next 3 stitches, 2DC in same stitch as Beg TR, join with a slip stitch to top of Beg TR. _28 DC, 4 TR total_
Round 3: (Beg TR, 2DC) in same stitch as join, **DC in next 7 stitches, (2DC, TR, 2DC) in next TR -corner made- repeat from ** 2 times more, DC in next 7 stitches, 2DC in same stitch as Beg TR, join with a slip stitch to top of Beg TR. _44 DC, 4 TR total_
Round 4: (Beg DC, chain 3, DC) in same stitch as join, **Chain 1, (DC, Chain 1, skip 1 stitch) 5 times, (DC, Chain 3, DC) in corner TR -corner made- , repeat from ** 3 times, omitting final corner join with a slip stitch to top of Beg DC. _28 DC, 4 corner chain-3 spaces, 24 chain-1 spaces total_
Round 5: (Beg DC, DC, TR, 2DC) in first chain corner space, **DC in all DC and chain spaces across to corner chain space, (2DC, TR, 2DC) in corner, repeat from ** twice more, DC in all DC and chain spaces across, join with a slip stitch to top of Beg DC _68 DC, 4 TR total_