- Vibrant Vintage main info page (2016)
- VVCAL Ravelry ebook – Neat photos of all 33 squares, each with a link to its blog post. Favorite the patterns, add them to your queue, see others’ projects, and more!
- Quick-download Vibrant Vintage Blanket PDF (Etsy) – The entire VVCAL 33-squares collection, condensed and updated for clarity, in a tidy PDF, along with my preferred joining method and the updated wide lace VVCAL border. Yes, all of these patterns are available separately for free linked below, but the updated and condensed printable PDF has everything for the Vibrant Vintage Blanket in one place for a small fee of $4. (Includes charts and written instruction.) You may also find this PDF on Craftsy, if you prefer.
- VVCAL Facebook Group – Vibrant Vintage CAL (official)
- My main FB group – CypressTextiles Tree Huggers
- This CAL has been rebooted! (2018) Here is a link to the VVCAL Reboot Main info page. Have fun! Those squares coordinate with these. Go wild!
Try this CAL in a super soft DK weight yarn with a huge color range, such as (affiliate links):
- Beg HDC = Beg DC = (SC, Ch-1)
Foundation: Ch-3 and join in first Ch to make ring.
Round 1: All in ring, working over center tail so as to pull center circle closed tight when square is complete: Make Beg DC, Chain 1, (3DC, Chain 1) 3 times, 2DC, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _12 DC, 4 Chain-1 spaces total_
Round 2: Beg DC in first chain space, (Chain 4, (DC, Chain 4, DC) in next chain space to make corner) 3 times, Chain 4, DC in first corner, Chain 2, DC in top of Beg DC (this method of finishing the round ensures you will begin the next round in the center of the corner – the Chain 2, DC acts as a chain-4 space) _8 DC, 8 Chain-4 spaces total_
Round 3: In center of Chain space: (Beg DC, Chain 3, 3DC), (Chain 1, 5DC in next chain space, Chain 1, (3DC, Chain 3, 3DC) in next chain space to make corner) 3 times, Chain 1, 5DC in next chain space, Chain 1, 2DC in first corner to complete it, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _44 DC, 8 Chain-1 spaces, 4 Chain-3 spaces total_
Round 4: In first Chain space: (Beg DC, Chain 1, 3DC), (Chain 1, Skip 2 st, DC in next st, DC in chain-1 space, DC in next 5 sts, DC in chain-1 space, DC in next st, chain 1, (3DC, Chain 1, 3DC) in corner chain space to make corner) 4 times, omitting final corner on fourth repeat, 2DC in first corner to complete it, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg DC _60 DC, 12 Chain-1 spaces total_
Round 5: In first Chain space: (Beg HDC, Chain 2, HDC), HDC in all sts and Chain-1 spaces around, putting (HDC, Chain 2, HDC) in next 3 corners, join with a slip stitch in top of Beg HDC _76 HDC, 4 Chain-2 spaces total_
Round 6: 3SC in first chain space, SC in all sts around, putting 3SC in next 3 corners, join with a slip stitch in first SC _88 SC total_
Took a final shot with the edging as well! 🙂
Categories: Vibrant Vintage CAL