Free Patterns
Comments 38

Treble Scallop Edging: Free Pattern

Treble Scallop Edging!

This edge starts with a foundation round of (SC, Chain 2, Skip 1 stitch) repeated, with (SC, Chain 2, SC) in the corners. Check out the before pic below to see this in action.

2015/01/img_4949.jpg

Here is what your piece will look like before each scallop.

Try this pretty edging in a built tough, but super soft DK weight yarn like:

2015/01/img_4950.jpg

Step 1: Skip 1 Chain loop, Treble Crochet in the next Chain loop, Chain 2

2015/01/img_4951.jpg

Step 2: Single Crochet in the top side bars of the Treble Crochet that you’ve already done – (Picot made)

2015/01/img_4952.jpg

Step 3: Continue to make (Treble, Picot) until you have 5 Picots made. Treble Crochet once more to finish the Scallop

2015/01/img_4953.jpg

Step 4: Skip 1 Chain loop, SC in the next Chain loop to anchor the Scallop

That’s it! Easy-peasy 1 round scallop/picot lace edging πŸ™‚

2015/01/img_4954.jpg

Now for the corners..

If you’re a mega planner, then you’ve made your foundation round to have the correct amount of Chain loops made to end up with perfect corners. *I* prefer to relax and just let the artistic muse guide me πŸ˜‰

BUT that means I end up with extra Chain loops at the end of my row.. So, as shown in the pic below, I just did a little “floating picot” as follows:

SC to anchor Scallop, Chain 4, SC in third chain from hook, Chain 1, skip 1 Chain loop, SC in next Chain loop.

Work corner: Copy your instructions for the regular scallop, but instead of only working 5 picots, you’ll work 7.

2015/01/img_4955.jpg

When I got to the next corner, I had the correct amount of chains for a normal corner. So, I made the next corner as in the photo below. “But that’s not right!! But.. but.. SYMMETRYY?!”

I just make sure I have diagonal symmetry in this case, and it still makes for a beautiful edging. Diagonal corners will be identical, and all is well in the universe.

2015/01/img_4956-0.jpg

Bravo! Enjoy your pretty lace edging πŸ™‚

2015/01/img_4964-0.jpg

2015/01/img_4959-1.jpg

1. Pingback: 20 Free Crochet Blanket Edgings Round Up | Nat's Crochet

2. Pingback: TOP 10 Free Crochet Patterns For Borders, Edgings and Trims

3. ginny says

I am trying to make your edging and my picots are not looking any where near as nice as yours-hoping you can take a look if I see anyone out here Ill figure out how to post a picture-thank you!!!!!

• Hm maybe email a pic to babylovebrand @ gmail com? Perhaps try going down a hook size to tighten up if it’s loose? I’d love to help further by looking at a pic πŸ™‚
      RC

• kathy raudabaugh says

Mine didnt look the same either so i added a third chain and then single crochet through the first chaun. Turned out much better.

4. Cheryl held says

I love the edging you shared ! But I also love the afghan you put it on… Do you have a pattern for those granny squares??? They are awesome!

• Hi, there! The Cottage Quilt and all of my other paid patterns can be found on Etsy, Ravelry, and Craftsy. My username is BabyLoveBrand – thank you! – RC

• Hello, I just love the blossom blanket that you have the free pattern for, but I would love to know the colours for the pink version not the apricot one.. I love the look of the old fashioned floral, perhaps it has mint green or duck egg blue ?? Thank you so very much for sharing.. Kind regards Vicki Turner, Queensland Australia ..

• Hi there! This is terrible, but I just pulled from my odds and ends to make these floral blankets. They are actually really great for using up yarn scraps because you don’t need too much of any one color. I even mixed yarn brands, so there are probably 4-5 different brands of yarn used. I’m sorry I can be of much help! Thank you for the kind word, and happy crafting to you!
        Rachele C.

5. Mickey Stowe says

Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous edging. I’m always on the lookout for a new way to finish the baby blankets I crochet for my many grandnieces and nephews. You do lovely work and I appreciate your generosity!

6. Isabel says

That is a lovely finishing to a hexagon pattern. I have also done a hexagon throw with the African wild flower, but I do not really like the half motives at the two ends. Any suggestions how I can fill them, as it is quite deep inlets. Thanks!

7. Vicky Waters says

I love this beautiful edging. I am crocheting it around the bottom and sleeves of a top that I thrifted. Thank you for sharing the pattern!

8. Erica G. says

Hello, love the colors and it’s a beautiful blanket. I was wondering if you have the pattern for finishing the blanket? The part you showed in the first picture where to start? Can’t seem to find a pattern to finish a hexagon blanket I’m working on. Thank you.

• Hi there! This is the “Cottage Quilt” but omitting the striped corner – available on Etsy Craftsy and Ravelry 😊❀️
      Happy Crafting!
      Rachele C.

9. Pingback: Crochet Borders and Edgings | Shells & Bobbles

10. Pingback: 20 + Crochet Free Edging Patterns You Should Know | Crochet Board

11. Pingback: Hexagon Crochet Inspiration

12. Pingback: Treble Scallop Crochet Edging | Styles Idea

13. Pingback: Stunning Treble Scallop Edging: Free Pattern | Diy Smartly

• Julie Chadwick says

Hello! From Vermont! I’m hoping you’re still monitoring this thread! Do you have a video of the stitch? Because I don’t think I’m doing it right

14. Pingback: Amazing Crochet Edging Patterns

15. Pingback: Ready to Ship Pieces | CT ShopMyInsta!

16. Pingback: Moogly CAL 2016 – The End | Shells & Bobbles

• You’re so sweet! I do love this one, and I use it frequently. 😊❀ Thank you for popping in to let me know you like it.
      Happy crafting,
      RC

Question? Comment? Let's chat!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s