- Vibrant Vintage main info page (2016)
- Quick-download Vibrant Vintage Blanket PDF (Etsy) – The entire VVCAL 33-squares collection, condensed and updated for clarity, in a tidy 20-page PDF, along with my preferred joining method and the updated wide lace VVCAL border. Yes, all of these patterns are available separately for free linked below, but the updated and condensed printable PDF has everything for the Vibrant Vintage Blanket in one easy-to-print place for a small fee of $4. (Includes charts and written instruction.) You may also find this PDF on Craftsy, if you prefer.
- VVCAL Ravelry ebook – Neat photos of all 33 squares, each with a link to its blog post. Favorite the patterns, add them to your queue, see others’ projects, and more!
- VVCAL Facebook Group – Vibrant Vintage CAL (official)
- My main FB group – CypressTextiles Tree Huggers
- This CAL has been rebooted! (2018) Here is a link to the VVCAL Reboot Main info page. Have fun! Those squares coordinate with these. Go wild!
Try this CAL in a super soft DK weight yarn with a huge color range, such as (affiliate links):
Beg DC = (SC, Chain 1)
Beg TR = (SC, Chain 2)
Foundation: Ch-3 and join in first Ch to make ring.
Round 1: All in ring, work Beg DC, 15 DC, join with slip st in Beg DC _16 DC total_
Round 2: Beg TR, (chain 2, TR) 15 times, Chain 2, join with slip st in Beg TR _16 TR, 16 chain-2 space total_
Round 3: Beg DC, 2DC in first chain space, 3DC in all remaining chain spaces, join with slip st in Beg DC. _48 DC total_
Round 4: (Beg DC, chain 3, DC) in first st, ** DC, HDC, HDC, SC in next 5 sts, HDC, HDC, DC, (DC, chain 3, DC) to make corner. Repeat from ** 3 times, omitting final corner on third repeat, join with slip st in Beg DC. _20 SC, 16 HDC, 16 DC, 4 chain-3 space total_
Round 5: Slip st in first chain of chain space, (Beg DC, chain 2, 3DC) in same chain space. ** (chain 1, skip 1 st, DC in next st, chain 1, skip 1, DC in next 2 sts) twice, chain 1, skip 1, DC in next st, chain 1, (3DC, chain 2, 3DC) in chain space to make corner. Repeta from ** three times, omitting final corner on third repeat. 2DC in first corner to complete it, join with slip st in Beg DC _52 DC, 24 chain-1 space, 4 chain-2 space total_
Round 6: 3SC in first chain space, SC in all chain-1 spaces and DC sts around, placing 3SC in 3 more corners, join with slip st in first SC _88 SC total_