Welcome to the seventeenth week of the Vibrant Vintage CAL!
We’ve made 38 squares so far – I think! hehe I lost count… If you’re getting that overwhelming feeling also because you’ve just joined along with us, please don’t fret! take your time to catch up, and remember, you can always work a smaller blanket… Just tag progress in our social media links below, and you’ll find tons of support 🙂
Loving the VVCAL and feeling generous? Help me support a dear friend of mine who is battling stage 4 renal cancer, while raising 2 toddlers (one recently adopted, and one surprise successful pregnancy!). Click here to donate – any amount will help, and I genuinely appreciate it! Link leads to http://paypal.me/VVCALdonate
- CAL Main info page – Please read thoroughly for fully-linked weekly schedule, design basics, and color selection
- Find the PDF version as a free Ravelry download here: Lincoln – PDF includes: Full pattern, charted instruction, and a condensed, printable PDF version of the pattern
- Ravelry group – Join if you want to! Anyone can participate in this open CAL just by following along each week – subscribe to this site, or join the Rav group if you like
- Facebook Group – Vibrant Vintage CAL (official) – Join if you like!
- Basic USA crochet terms with tutorials from CrochetCabana.com
- Finishing ends on squares (do them as you go!) Tons of info at Crochet Cabana
Each week, I’ll be posting 2 new “Fancy” granny square patterns. All you need to do this week is make 2 li’l squares!
ONE SQUARE THIS WEEK! To get us on track for 2 squares for the remainder… I was on an odd number week when I started doubling up the squares.
2 Squares and the color in which I worked them:
- Lincoln Square – SSDK: Raspberry
- Plain Granny: Solid – SSDK: Aster
For more info about the size of your squares, please see the Main Post.
Beg DC = (SC, Chain 1)
Beg TR = (SC, Chain 2)
Foundation: Ch-3 and join in first Ch to make ring.
Round 1: All in ring, work Beg DC, 15 DC, join with slip st in Beg DC _16 DC total_
Round 2: Beg TR, (chain 2, TR) 15 times, Chain 2, join with slip st in Beg TR _16 TR, 16 chain-2 space total_
Round 3: Beg DC, 2DC in first chain space, 3DC in all remaining chain spaces, join with slip st in Beg DC. _48 DC total_
Round 4: (Beg DC, chain 3, DC) in first st, ** DC, HDC, HDC, SC in next 5 sts, HDC, HDC, DC, (DC, chain 3, DC) to make corner. Repeat from ** 3 times, omitting final corner on third repeat, join with slip st in Beg DC. _20 SC, 16 HDC, 16 DC, 4 chain-3 space total_
Round 5: Slip st in first chain of chain space, (Beg DC, chain 2, 3DC) in same chain space. ** (chain 1, skip 1 st, DC in next st, chain 1, skip 1, DC in next 2 sts) twice, chain 1, skip 1, DC in next st, chain 1, (3DC, chain 2, 3DC) in chain space to make corner. Repeta from ** three times, omitting final corner on third repeat. 2DC in first corner to complete it, join with slip st in Beg DC _52 DC, 24 chain-1 space, 4 chain-2 space total_
Round 6: 3SC in first chain space, SC in all chain-1 spaces and DC sts around, placing 3SC in 3 more corners, join with slip st in first SC _88 SC total_