Better late than never has never felt so good. This FO* is coming after the completion of a long, long list of Super Huge Important Things I had to do, so the delay was definitely worth it, trust me. 2018 is my year of Self Love.
Made With Love
Self Love is a piece I created using only my favorite elements of crochet. It checks nearly all my boxes. (Side note: Dutch Rose Blanket checks, like, all my boxes, for real.)
- Floral center, treble cluster petals
- Circle flower, not stretched into a square
- Huge circle motif
- Lacy join
- Circle-to-hexagon ❤️
- Crazy colors, because remnants
- Simple border
Yes. This is some serious Self Love and I enjoyed every minute of crocheting it.
- See how this project began
- Check out the WIP post
- Shop Scheepjes | Merino Soft yarn at WoolWarehouse* (UK), Knotty House* (Can), or other Scheepjes retailers
- Get more yarn info from Scheepjes
* I’m calling this a “finished” object, because it isn’t finished. Nope. Here’s how this project looks, right at this very moment. I’ve just folded it in a certain way, or angled the camera perfectly, to crop out the unfinished parts in the photos above.
Why? Because creating patterns for you all to enjoy motivates and energizes me. I don’t necessarily need the entire finished blanket in order to do this. Sure, if I want to sell it, I would have to finish it, but that isn’t so much a motivating factor for me.
Lately, I’ve been working really hard to evolve in my business, my personal life, and family life. I’ve realized along the way that I need to “work smarter, not harder.” This concept is something I’ve struggled with since I was a kid – all growing up, and even now, I struggle with it. As a thirty-something, it’s suddenly clicking in a big way.
For starters, I need to do more of what I love, (and less of what I don’t).
2018 Self Love Checklist
- Stop weaving ends. Yep.
- Only finish pieces if necessary.
- Make frivolous (even reckless) color choices.
Check, check, and check. ❤️
Happy crafting, y’all.
– Rachele C.
* This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, shopping through these links will help support CypressTextiles and all the content I love to create. Affiliate links are better than guac – they don’t cost any extra!