Hi, y’all! Hope y’all had a beautiful Easter weekend, and are refreshed and ready to take on the world. We had an eventful weekend here at the Carmona house, and had loads of fun! But to get to the business at hand: I have something special for everyone today.
Brand New Freebie
Free Granny Square Crochet Pattern alert! Four free motifs! I created these motifs as a freebie for the inaugural issue of my new artist collab, ShadeTree. Gwen Kok of IG @stitchgwen was kind enough to work up these sample squares for me, and she had Scheepjes Stone Washed* on hand, which I thought was just perfect. Great rustic, casual vibe.
Download Free Crochet Pattern
Download your 4 Free floral motifs here on Ravelry! Along with the 4 free squares, you’ll get a sneak peek into ShadeTree, issue 1: The Art of VanillaLemonCake, which includes many colorful spreads of her photographs from Instagram, because I just can’t get enough of them. ShadeTree is available as a Ravelry ebook.
Did I mention these squares work seamlessly with the VVCAL squares from my 2016 CAL? Four more squares to add variety to your WIP 🙂
In this blog series, ShadeTree: Behind the Scenes, I want to tell you more about each piece and its inspiration, as well as reveal progress photos and extras. Here are the six parts that you can expect:
ShadeTree: Behind the Scenes, Part 1 of 6
- 1 – 4 Free Floral Granny Square Motifs
- 2 – Colorburst Crochet Blanket Pattern: Triangle Motifs with Free Continuous Join-as-you-go Video Tutorial
- 3 – Birdsong Crochet Blanket Pattern: Intarsia Color Magic with Granny Square Border
- 4 – Indigo Blossom Crochet Blanket Pattern: 2 Large Hexagon Motifs with Free Continuous Join-as-you-go Video Tutorial
- 5 – Spring Flatlay Crochet Blanket Pattern: 5 Floral Granny Square Motifs with Flat Braid Join
- 6 – Tiny Garden Crochet Blanket Pattern: 8 Free Hexagon Motifs with Free Continuous Join-as-you-go Video Tutorial
Now for your viewing pleasure: The motifs!
Free Granny Square Crochet Pattern
A gorgeous ring of dainty puff stitches are flanked by an abundance of long and thin petals, all to be set off by single crochet stitches.
Mimicking layers on layers of petals, this block has a round of cluster sts near the center, and then more detailed eyelet work at the square corners finishes this stunner.
The inspiration flower for this block has a complex layering of flowery bits and petals, so the block reflects that with dual petal rounds on this unique, lacy square.
Enjoy crafting the neat circle center followed by a light and airy squaring to offset the weight of the real star of this block: those lovely 3D petals.
* This post contains affiliate links marked with an asterisk. Purchasing through them costs nothing extra and is a great way to support CypressTextiles!