Media

Relaxghans Ebook: Six free stash-buster crochet blanket patterns designed with peace in mind

In January, I decided to create a series of blanket patterns that were designed with an air of peacefulness and tranquility. Patterns that you can work on whenever you like, without stressing over any element. I’ve been saying lately: Crochet is meant to de-stress you, not re-stress you. The high strung and tightly wound among you will undoubtedly want to meticulously plan layouts, bypass stash to buy fresh new yarn, or frustratedly obsess over every pattern quirk.

This includes me. I am not a laid back person, and I’m as tightly wound as they come, but I’m trying to get better at relaxing. While constant tension does play a factor in CypressTextiles upward motion and in my own personal continuous improvement (pressure makes diamonds, or what-have-you), I’ve recently begun to appreciate letting the light in a bit more.

Maybe you also need to let some light in? Join me as I release a new free blanket pattern on the last day of every month from February to July. (Yes! The first pattern releases tomorrow, Feb 28!) Stash busters, remnant eaters, squares, hexagons, whip stitch, join as you go… it’s all in there.

Quick Links to Free Relaxghan Patterns

Yarn Info

All patterns are made with Scheepjes Yarns

Affiliate links:

And here is a small taste of the six projects! Yippee!

Unbothered

Release Date: February 28

Made of five simply casual square motifs which are worked in random blocks of color, Unbothered is a join-as-you-go piece that’s edged with a plain Jane no-waste border. Heart eyes.

Yarn: Scheepjes Cahlista

Unbothered Free Pattern (Ravelry link)

Self Love

Release Date: March 31

A pretty circle motif with an adorable flower center, which is magically turned into a hexagon?? And with a lacy join built in? I’m there! Also: PINK background.

Yarn: Scheepjes Merino Soft

Self Love Free pattern (Ravelry link)

Carefree

Release Date: April 30

Sweet as candy, this design will keep you smiling as you work the large hexie motifs. They are easy as pie, and still manage to look intricate. Choose and mix bright colors without a care, channeling and indulging your inner bohemian spirit along the way.

Yarn: Scheepjes Catona and Catona Denim

Pattern: Ravelry link

Good Vibes

May 31

Linen stitch is my all time favorite, and it’s perfect for dazing out and letting muscle memory take over. But this design doesn’t just stop at the unassuming linen st triangle shown below… there is much more in store to give good vibes! ❤️

Yarn: Scheepjes Colour Crafter and Colour Crafter Velvet

Happy Tree & Let it Go

June 30 and July 31

Yes! It’s the Stone Washed and River Washed regular and XL cutie pie Colour Packs! I cannot wait to reveal more about these designs (the motifs are cuuute!) but I’m going to do my best to wait. On the blog it’ll be easy! Social media… yeaaaahhhh I’ll be sharing a bit 🙂

Browse these packs!

Thanks for taking the Relaxghans tour with me! I’m looking forward to sharing these patterns with you! For now, Happy Crafting, y’all 😁

Note: The links in this post are affiliate links. Shopping through them will help support CypressTextiles and allow me to continue to bring you loads of content. Plus, it doesn’t cost you any extra! ❤️

Advertisements

1. Gigi L says

Looks so very wonderful! Can’t wait to see the designs.

• Rachele Carmona says

Glad you like them! Can’t wait to show more ❤️❤️

2. Look forward to trying some of these. And I think I really need to get my hands on some Scheepjes yarn! 😊

• Rachele Carmona says

It’s thebomb.com 😁❤️ Glad you like the sneak peeks! 💕💕

• Rachele Carmona says

So needed… I think what the artist needs is what she produces, and if I need it, then others out there likely do too – enjoy it ☺️☺️

3. Linda Swanson says

I fell in love with your vibrant vintage afghan and just had to do it. I started with the granny squares first and then did a few multi colored granny squares. I was using Stylecraft DK yarn and had almost all the colors so I had so many choices. However, I fell in love with how vibrant a solid colored granny square was so I stuck to just granny squares and multis. I loved the pattern squares too but at the time I didn’t want the colored vibrancy interrupted by a pattern. As you said, it was just a relaxing choice. The colors dictated to me to stay simple. I have made two of these afghans and I love both of them. And I owe it all to you and the beauty of your pattern and the beauty of all the photos of your wonderful afghan. Thank you, thank you! I love your work!

• Rachele Carmona says

I wanted to tell you I really appreciate your comment. You’re so right that a) the yarn “speaking to you” is a special connection that must be honored, and b) sometimes less really is more. It’s not in my nature as a “maximalist” haha, but clearing the clutter can let the yarn sing, and the peace flow. Anyway, that’s one aspect of this series that I’m going to enjoy 🙂 When I sought to create peaceful designs, “pretty” colors, and predictable palettes got pushed aside in favor of letting things unfold on their own. Hashtag “deep”, I know, but boy I’ve been craving the peaceful energy lately! ❤️❤️ Thanks again for your comment, and I’m so pleased that you enjoyed the vvcal. ☺️

4. More temptation! I always love your colour palettes. They are so gorgeous and give me inspiration. I’m going away on a crafty ladies’ weekend this weekend and planning to do Dutch Roses all weekend! I might be ready for new blankets sooner rather than later!

5. Pingback: Unbothered Blanket – cypress|textiles

6. Pingback: Free Pattern: Unbothered Blanket – cypress|textiles

7. I cannot wait to see what these become! particularly looking forward to seeing more of ‘self love’ x

• Rachele Carmona says

Glad you like them ☺️❤️ that’s the one I’m working on now! 😁

8. Pingback: No-Waste 2018: Using up my Scheepjes Merino Soft – cypress|textiles

9. janet says

Hi where are the patterns for the motifs

• Rachele Carmona says

Hi there! I have added release dates into the posts – the Unbothered Blanket has already been released, and Self Love will release March 31 ❤️ thank you! – Rachele C.

10. Pingback: Free Content Round-up | cypress|textiles

11. Pingback: Yarn time is play time. | cypress|textiles

12. Tania Leis says

Has Self Love released? I have been unable to find it….

13. Pingback: Self Love Blanket: A “Finished” Object | cypress|textiles

14. Pingback: Free Crochet Blanket Pattern: Self Love - cypress|textiles

15. Pingback: Carefree: Candy-color hexagon flower crochet motifs - cypress|textiles

16. Pingback: Carefree crochet blanket - showing off my new FO - cypress|textiles

17. Pingback: Scheepjes YARN, Issue 5: WOMAN - Lotus Leaf Blanket - cypress|textiles

18. Pingback: Free Crochet Border: Cherry Blossom Edging - cypress|textiles

19. Pingback: Yarn Remnants Box, or Painter's Palette? The beginnings of May's Relaxghan. - cypress|textiles

20. Pingback: Good Vibes Crochet Blanket: In Progress - cypress|textiles