- Bold, large hexagons with color rings worked through BLO for a beautifully neat layered look
- Bobbled corners that reach out to each other creating a diamond visual
- PLT join using HDC instead of SC which gives a wider band of color between motifs
- 3 Different yarn types (see below!) with varying textures and makeups, all the same care instruction for easy wash
- My first blanket with hexagons placed in this “sideways” orientation! Half hexies are on the long sides of the piece – never done it that way before!
Yarns used (all Scheepjes brand):
- Inner hexagon color – Stone Washed
- First color ring and join/border – Colour Crafter
- Second color ring – Softfun Aquarel
Full free pattern coming soon – Should be finished with it by next week!
Hope y’all enjoy this one! It’s for my cuter than ever 3yo cousin – adopted from Ethiopia ❤️❤️ Can’t wait for her to snuggle in it! I made her brother a blanket for last Christmas (Zendoodle Blanket No. 2) and finally I’m able to gift her one too.
Huge thank you to all the people in my life (that includes YOU!) who let me live my dream and craft cozy blankets for others to wrap themselves in ❤️❤️
I’ve been interviewed by Christine of ChristineGuestDesigns.com – check out the interview here! It’s been lovely meeting new crafters by participating in the Ravelry Giftalong 2016. Thank you so much, Tatiana of Lilla Björn Crochet for pointing out this event to me.
November 30 is the last day to get 25% off of all my patterns in my Ravelry Shop using code: giftalong2016!