Read about my crafterly endeavors and find me on the web.
Hello! I’m Rachele and CypressTextiles has been my creative baby since 2012 when I decided to leave my day job and convert my hobby to a business. Back then my shop name was BabyLove Brand, but in late 2014 I decided to make a big change and rebrand. What a thrill ride it has been moving from making custom pieces for people all over the world – over 300 blankets in 4 years! – to blogging and designing patterns full time. I’m so thankful for the opportunity you all have given me to feed my passion for the fiber arts.
Top Posts of All Time
Note: For hot, trending posts updated daily, see sidebar.
- Treble Scallop Edging
- Continuous Join-as-you-go: Master Post
- Vibrant Vintage CAL (2016) – 33 free granny square patterns
- Celtic Lace Join
More great places to begin
- Inspiration posts
- See what I’m currently working on!
- Scheepjes yarny fun
- Look through every crochet project I’ve completed in my FO Gallery.
A short word on Ads
You’ll never find Ads on my website because, well, I don’t like it when I have to scroll past unsightly Ads during my browsing experience, so I figure y’all don’t either. Instead, the way I make money to support my family is when you lovely lot buy my patterns, shop via the affiliate links on each post, and nowadays, become a patron on my Patreon Fan Page. Thank you for helping me to keep creating content for CypressTextiles!
- PLT Join – Previously named “Tight Join as You Go” by Mary Storvik before I had named the technique – I didn’t know how popular it would get! I created this join in 2012, and published it in my first two patterns, Gumball and Geometric Lace. Later on, I published it in most of my other paid patterns as well. Also, check out all the projects I’ve used PLT Join on through my crochet career (over 100!). It makes me happy to see many crafters enjoying it in all sorts of projects! Look at these awesome videos of PLT join on Instagram via StitchGwen and MsVintageCat, and read written instruction on my main PLT post. You can even see where someone completely copied PLT and tried to take it as their own idea – even stealing the name.. That’s when you really know it’s popular! 😉
- Geometric Lace – Get the pattern here. It’s my most requested custom order piece by far. I’ve made 47 of them! These days, I no longer do custom work, but you can still find amazing hexagon blankets with beautiful colorways via Ryanne at Olives and Pickles.
- Modern Patchwork – My most purchased pattern by a long shot. The Craftsy pattern has been pinned on Pinterest over a hundred thousand times (see these pins 1 2 3 4). Thank you for your support!
- FO Gallery – Browse hundreds of finished pieces on my portfolio site, BabyLoveBrand.net. It’s organized by blanket design, so you can use the drop-down menu to navigate, or just browse in chronological order.
In January of 2016, I was invited by Interweave Press to write a crochet pattern book. Whoa! I know! I picked up my jaw, graciously accepted, and my life suddenly got 5x busier. Luckily I have no shortage of design inspiration floating around in my head, and I am so proud of the 18 designs that I have in store for you all. The book is tentatively releasing in September 2017. Yay!
I am also designing some hush-hush projects for Scheepjes Yarns, and constantly working on self-published patterns. My steadily growing pattern library can be found on Etsy, Craftsy, Ravelry, and LoveKnitting. Click “Patterns” tab in menu above for access to ALL patterns.
2017 Design Plans
- Update 1 “old” paid pattern per month, beginning with oldest patterns first
- Launch “Shade Tree” – a new artist collaboration mini-zine, to release twice yearly
- Begin page on Patreon.com filled with goodies for followers, including much requested video tutorials
In Summer of 2016, I began a relationship with Scheepjes Yarns. I’m a featured blogger on their website, and my sponsorship under them means I get to design fun new patterns with some absolutely gorgeous yarns.
Affiliate companies – Deramores, Wool Warehouse, Craftsy, KnitPicks – In my blog posts, you will find special links to yarn shops and other companies that direct you lovely lot to products that I buy and use myself. If you click those links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and helps CypressTextiles keep running so I can bring you free patterns, tutorials, and inspiration.
My FOs and designs have been featured on the following blogs and websites. Featuring site link goes directly to article unless indicated otherwise.
- Find my profile as a featured blogger on Scheepjes.com (website)
- I was Interviewed by Wool and the Gang (website) (Sept 2016)
- Hexagon Burst FO featured on My Crafty Musings, in her Weekend Inspiration #3 post (Sept 2016)
- Trellis and Chevron Blanket on Doralogy, as one of her August Favorites (Aug 2016)
- Treble Scallop Edging free pattern featured on:
- DIY Smartly (Aug 2016)
- Styles Idea (Aug 2016)
- Crochet Board as one of the 20 Crochet Edging Patterns You Should Know (July 2016)
- Periwinkle Pursuits on her Hexagon Crochet Inspiration post (July 2016)
- Shells and Bobbles collection of Crochet Borders and Edgings (June 2016)
- TopInspired.com as a Top 10 Free Crochet Patterns for Borders, Edgings, and Trims (Apr 2015)
- Nat’s Crochet in her 20 Free Crochet Blanket Edgings Roundup (Mar 2015)
- Celtic Lace Junior and Mini joins seen on Connected with Life, used for her Crochet Cushion Cover (July 2016)
- My Continuous JAYG Master Post suggested by Marianne for her Rico Bobble Granny Square Cushion (June 2016), and by the Crocheting Crow on her Hooking a Rainbow post (May 2016)
- Celtic Lace Join used by CraftCrazyGran in Stacy’s Rose and Gingham Afghan (June 2016)
- My Flat Braid Join tutorial suggested by Stitches and Supper for joining blocks with different stitch counts (Feb 2016)
- Heart Mandala: Octagon to Square featured on:
- Hexagon Continuous JAYG featured by Sara Palacios (Apr 2015), and A Nerdy Crocheter (May 2015) then again (June 2015), again (Sept 2015), and once again (Oct 2015)
- Playful Lace Scallop Edging featured on El Taller de Bialisa (Apr 2015)
- Threaded Colors Chevron Pattern on 78th Stitch (May 2014)
Email me anytime at CypressTextiles @ gmail.com, or simply fill out this contact form and I will receive your correspondence in a handy dandy email.
I’d love to hear from you! If you know me as babylovebrand @ gmail.com since I have been at that email for so long, I will be tracking both email addresses directly on my phone. Yay!