Crochet Learning Portal
I have an exciting announcement, y’all! I’ve made a Crochet Learning Portal, perfect for absolute beginners, advanced crochet artists, and those wanting to take their hobby and turn it into a business. Lots of these modules are coming soon, and I’ll be adding more as I go, but you can tag someone who wants to learn to crochet, because there are a lot of tutorials available now!
Head to the Learn to Crochet: Level 1 page to get started!
Each crochet technique is taught using one of the adorable 15g Scheepjes Cahlista Cutie Pies in the box below. Order Cahlista yarn here (affiliate)! Great for beginner crochet.
The tutorials include:
List of materials, and notes on what types of yarn to try first.
Also included are notes on how to read a ball band, for beginners.
Complete guide to each stitch, starting at the very beginning.
Grab a beginner crochet artist, and jump to the first step below – “Introduction and prepare materials”!
Learn to Crochet, Level 1 Table of Contents:
- Introduction and prepare materials
- Learn to Crochet, Step 1: First stitches to learn
- Learn to Crochet, Step 2: Work single crochet flat, or “back-and-forth”
- Video includes making a turning chain, and how to count your chains
- Bonus: Maintain even tension without working too loose or too tight.
- Practice Project: You Can Crochet This! Linen Stitch Washcloth
- Learn to Crochet, Step 3: Work single crochet “in the round”
- Make a ring
- Join the round
- Slip stitch
- Bonus: Make increases to create a flat circle.
- Practice Project: You Can Crochet This! SC Circle Facial Scrubbie