You can finally meet the fourth Relaxghan of this popular series of free blanket patterns! The Good Vibes blanket crochet pattern is nearly done, but in the meantime, I thought I’d share the FO photographs!
Good Vibes Blanket Info
Bold blocks of color and tropical designs were my inspiration for this piece. I came across an image on Instagram posted by @designsponge which completely drew me in. Instantly I imagined a blanket, with a color-block center portion and big dramatic floral motifs on either side. It was so crazy it just might work. I always say it: I see a blanket everywhere I look. It’s true!
My goal for the Relaxghan Series is to use up yarn remnants to lighten my stash up a bit and cut down on purchasing brand new yarn. I happen to have a stash of Scheepjes Colour Crafter and Velvet, but I have some nearly full balls and many small balls, so I felt like this would be perfect for my project since there are motifs mixed with large chunks of color in the middle.
Related Links for Relaxghans
- Blog Post: Relaxghans: Six free crochet blanket patterns designed with peace in mind.
- Ravelry Link: Relaxghans Ebook
Related Links for Colour Crafter
- My most popular pattern using this yarn: Hexagon Burst Blanket (Free!)
- My thoughts on Colour Crafter yarn
- Shop Colour Crafter: Wool Warehouse*, Black Sheep Wools*, and other Scheepjes Retailers.
My favorite part about this motif is that popcorn round that looks like it’s levitating there… I worked over the chain spaces completely on the following round, so it makes the popcorns… well… pop! I also did that round in Colour Crafter Velvet, which is the dappled, marled looking version of Colour Crafter. This Velvet yarn is echoed in the center linen st panel. I cannot get these petally motifs out of my system! Good Vibes crosses this stately motif with some very bright tropical colors with a stunning result.
Do you think you can see the inspiration picture in my design? The color block center, and the tropical motifs on either side? I really thought this one was true to the inspo. If anything, I hope you’re getting some Good Vibes from it! 🙂
See more photos below – Pattern release June 12, 2018.
* This Post contains affiliate links marked with an asterisk. Shopping through these links helps support CypressTextiles so I can continue to bring you content! And at no extra cost to you – amazing!
Categories: My Blanket Stack