Welcome to the WIP post of Good Vibes! This is the fourth in a series of free crochet blankets called “Relaxghans” – Please go check out that info post and then come on back 🙂
A while back, I showed you all this “Painter’s Palette” of yarny remnant awesomeness, and I promised to reveal more of what this linen stitch triangle turns into… Well I won’t be showing too much today, but I did design the motif that goes alongside it!
If you want to know where that little linen stitch triangle is headed, check out my sketch below. Yes, this is how a little idea seed from my brain gets planted into my moleskine and later grows into a blanket pattern for you all.
Information (All the deets!)
Related Links for Good Vibes
- The Yarny Post – painter’s palette love
- My FO reveal of Good Vibes (Coming soon)
- Good Vibes Relaxghan free pattern! (Coming May 31)
Related Links for Relaxghans
- Blog Post: Relaxghans: Six free crochet blanket patterns designed with peace in mind.
- Ravelry Link: Relaxghans Ebook
Related Links for Colour Crafter
- My most popular pattern using this yarn: Hexagon Burst Blanket (Free!)
- My thoughts on Colour Crafter yarn
- Shop Colour Crafter: Wool Warehouse*, Black Sheep Wools*, and other Scheepjes Retailers.
I am really digging this motif. Sometimes I add elements in a crochet motif and it takes me forever to get them out of my system. Then you will see like five blankets featuring motifs that have that certain element. Read my WIP post for the popular Carefree Relaxghan, and you’ll see my extensive love affair with the 2-round large petal.
Well, this motif has awakened another obsession in me… That bobble part… Rounds 5 and 6 make a sort of suspended bobble when the chain portion of round 6 is covered by round 7, and I. am. obsessed. Y’all probably know I have a thing for clusters because they look like petals/leaves, and I tend to overuse them, I think. but that bobble round just adds a new dimension and the perfect new little something for me to mix in. Looks like crochet pompoms!
Plus, Susan from The Felted Button has just published a tutorial for the crochet pompom edging, and whoa was that serendipitous?? My Good Vibes design is absolutely crazy enough to warrant a pompom edging…
Can’t wait to reveal more! Sooooon 🙂
* This post contains affiliate links marked with an asterisk. Shopping through these links will help support CypressTextiles.net so that I can continue to bring you content every week, and it costs nothing extra. Thank you so much for your support!