Well, y’all, I’m sad to let it go, but the Dutch Rose Blanket CAL has come to a close. I hope everyone enjoyed creating this piece, and if you haven’t quite finished yet, please take your time – no rush! Post WIP and FO pics to Instagram with hashtag #dutchroseblanket or #dutchroseblanketcal and of course #cypresstextiles so I will see it sooner 🙂
Dutch Rose Blanket Information
- Free PDF pattern on Ravelry
- Blog post
- Half-way point round-up post – lots more progress pics!
- Crochet-along information page (contains links to YouTube videos)
- YouTube playlist with all Dutch Rose tutorial videos (subscribe!)
Running a CAL
Y’all, I love running crochet-alongs. I love offering direct one-on-one support to those who may need it. I love the sense of community that it creates in the groups and hashtags when we all come together and create the same thing. My favorite part may be that I love the different variety of all the blankets that can come from just one blanket design. Oh, that is the coolest. You really see everyone’s personality shine through their color choice and layout. So, thank you all! I couldn’t do all that without CALers, so I appreciate everyone joining in and posting pics along the way.
From your progress pics and questions, everyone sees the benefits of the little tips and tricks, alternated layouts, and color schemes. What a wonderful community event. Do not be surprised if I host back-to-back CALs forever, lol. It’s been about 2 years since my last one, but Dutch Rose really got me back into it. Thanks again for playing! 🙂
Before I close the CAL, I wanted to share some other CAL info in case you’re interested in joining me, and also of course I have to brag on all the awesome makes y’all posted. There were so many, just I just picked a few from the Tree Huggers Facebook group and the Instagram hashtags.
Other CAL Info
- My CypressTextiles Tree Huggers Facebook group (Join and post any CypressTextiles makes so we can oooh and aaah!)
- Vibrant Vintage CAL (VVCAL) info page – in case you’d like to join that CAL (it has finished, but its FB group is still huge!)
- I’m hosting a reboot of the #VVCAL which launches May 25th, and it’s going to be really cool – head to the post where y’all voted on some CAL elements
Brag time! Yesss! Some of my favorite finished, or nearly finished Dutch Rose WIP/FO pics across social media. Thank you all for sharing your lovely makes! Remember you can share them anytime in the CypressTextiles Tree Huggers Facebook Group.
From @color_me_reckless on Instagram:
Fron Helen Bastin in the Facebook Group:
Fron Kate Jaques in the Facebook Group:
From @lochchild on Instagram:
From Maggie Mant in the Facebook Group:
From @martin_up_north on Instagram: