Playing With Yarn

Sweet-Fire

Welcome to Perfect Palette! This is an open-ended series in which I scribble down a color combination that I’m currently madly in love with – a new combo every week.

Okay you guys, believe it or not, I did not just gather a bunch of mind-blowingly beautiful yarn colors to stare at them, mouth agape. I mean I am doing that. But the reason I’ve curated this lovely group of yarns is for a Hexagon Month pattern!

More on that later.. for now, here is this week’s Perfect Palette:

Fire meets ice – well, sugar really. Fire meets sugar in this this electrifyingly sweet palette. It’s like if you have one foot in summer and one foot in fall – perfect for today, the first day of Autumn!

The yarns pictured are Scheepjes | Catona* and Sweet Treat*.

[Related: Full review of Sweet Treat, including pics of alllllll the rainbowlicious colors!]

I’ve already made some headway on this pattern and the little motifs are coming out so cute. I should clarify.. some are cute. Others are fire-hot! Try this palette if you’re looking for a project that will energize you as you work.

I’ll be combining these two amazing cotton yarns held together in similar but varying shades to create a heathered look. The pattern will be (shocker!) hexagons! Tiny flowers with a fun continuous granny stitch join for your learning pleasure. And it’s going to be a freebie! A little gift for all the love y’all have shown me on my new YouTube channel – if you visit, be sure to subscribe. There are more videos for y’all every week ❤️

*Support free content on CypressTextiles.net by shopping via affiliate links marked with an asterisk. It costs nothing extra! Or consider becoming a Patron for awesome rewards – starting October 1, 2017. My mission for an ad-free website continues!

Advertisements

1. Patty Boyer says

Your post on Scheepjes Secret Garden, with the gorgeous colors in your granny square (saying you would call it “Hearthside Blanket”, was gorgeous. These colors aren’t usually my favorite, but this is awesome!!

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:46 PM, cypress|textiles wrote:

> Rachele Carmona posted: “Welcome to Perfect Palette! This is an open-ended > series in which I scribble down a color combination that I’m currently > madly in love with – a new combo every week. Okay you guys, believe it or > not, I did not just gather a bunch of mind-blowingly beauti” >

• Oh yes it does remind me of that blanket, you’re right! Did you happen to see the end result? “Hearthside” is a freebie pattern ❤️❤️ I loved that project!

• And thank you for becoming my first Patron! I’ll have oodles of content for you starting October first ❤️❤️❤️

2. These colours glow! I’ve become more fond of orange recently and even included two shades in a new set of yarn I bought last week. I think I need to go shopping again and buy a set in these shades too.

3. Pingback: Cozy Flowers is the real WIP! – cypress|textiles

4. Pingback: Cozy Flowers – Crochet Blanket FO – cypress|textiles

5. Pingback: Cozy Flowers: Free Pattern – cypress|textiles

6. Regina McClean says

Hi Rachele,
    When I click the link you give for the Scheepes Catona and Sweet Treats, it takes me to Scheepes Bon Bons? I search the Wool Warehouse search engine and it also won’t come up. Please help. Thank you

• Ah yes – the name used to be “bon bon” – but it’s the same yarn.. they had a name change for it and the yarn stores had to catch up. 🙂
      Rachele C.

7. Charlene Brown says

Can you list the names of the Catons yarn?

8. Charlene Brown says

Can I order these colors of Catona?

• Rachele Carmona says

Glad you like them! Actually, I don’t have all of these colors in my shop, but here’s a link to my favorite online yarn shop: http://bit.ly/2cJZS7u

9. Pingback: Cozy Flowers: Free Pattern | cypress textiles