I call these my “Bake Sale” cookies because they come out ginormous, extra thick, and super soft and chewy. Plus, they don’t have nuts, so everyone can enjoy! And enjoy they will.. These cookies are the best, both warm out of the oven and the next day. Store at room temp in a container after completely cooled.
Recipe adapted from: Sally’s Baking Addiction “Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies”
I was a dare-devil today because I doubled the recipe for end of school parties. You know… For the kids 🙂
- 4 inch cookies – 24 (large ice cream scoop)
- 1.5 inch cookies – 78 (small ice cream scoop)
- 1.5c (3 sticks) butter (unsalted), melted
- 1c plain granulated sugar
- 1.5c dark brown sugar
- 1tbs molasses
- 1tbs vanilla extract
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1tsp salt
- 1tbs corn starch
- 2tsp baking soda
- 4.5c all purpose flour
- 1c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1c chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Making sure butter has cooled a bit, put all ingredients except flour and chocolate chips/chunks in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk everything together until it is well combined. (Make sure the egg is completely combined.)
- Add flour and use a wooden spoon to gently fold the flour in. Stop just when everything is barely combined. You should still see stripes of flour here and there.
- Add the chocolate chips/chunks, and use the wooden spoon to fold them in.
- Chill the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a large ice cream scoop (one that includes the scraper) to put 12 cookies on a large ungreased baking sheet. I do 6 staggered rows of 2 cookies each.
- Put cookies in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies, even if they do not quite look done.
- Let cookies cool 5 minutes on the sheet, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack or a platter to cool for until they are completely set – about 15 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dough for 12 more cookies.
Follow the instructions exactly, and you will end up with the best chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever tried! Everyone will ask for the recipe – you could easily sell them at a bake sale, or bring them to any family event.
For small cookies
Use small ice cream scoop to put 36 cookies on a large ungreased baking sheet. I do 9 staggered rows of 4 cookies each. Bake at 325F for 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the sheet, then transfer to cooling rack or tray to cool until completely set – about 15 minutes
To cut recipe in half
Cut all measurements in half – use 1 egg and 1 egg yolk. Instructions will remain the same. Makes 12 large (4in) cookies or about 40 small (1.5in) cookies.
Bonus: my son holding half of a cookie in his li’l 1-year-old hand.. for scale.. 😁😁❤️
Categories: Yummy Dozen